The Business Growth Network Membership:
Terms and conditions relating to the use of www.thebusinessgrowthnetwork.co.uk (‘the Website’), to standard membership full membership activity across the Business Growth Network (the ‘Networking Service’) and to use of The Business Growth Network Facebook pages: BGN Facebook Community and our Online Forum.
Standard membership allows members to attend a limited amount of events without paying full membership fees. Full membership gives you access to a variety of benefits including monthly meetings including seminars and workshops and online marketing. Details of current Full membership fees are shown at http://thebusinessgrowthnetwork.co.uk/members/. Membership days cannot be “sold” to another member. Permanent transfer of membership days to a person or company who is not a member is not permitted. Permanent transfer of bronze, silver or gold member is not permitted Permanent transfer of bronze, silver or gold member to a different person in the same organisation can be carried out, subject to the prevailing administration fee and approval of the Business Growth Network Directors.
You will be invited to renew your bronze, silver or gold membership prior to its expiry. Full membership with The Business Growth Network is Bronze £65 per month, Silver £295 per month and Gold Area £425 per month minimum of 12 months.
The preferred method of payment is a debit/credit card. We do not accept American Express. We do not accept cheques. Invoices will be raised on a monthly basis and payments can be accepted with prior agreement via bank transfer.
Rollover Membership Programme
In order to keep costs to a minimum and to offer an efficient membership renewal service, The Business Growth Network provides a ‘Rollover Membership’ programme. This means that once you have chosen to renew your membership for the first time following your initial membership period, you are then part of The Business Growth Network Rollover Membership programme.
All membership renewals transacted by debit/credit card become Rollover Membership renewals. Rollover Membership renewal means that you are agreeing to renew your membership with The Business Growth Network membership by debit/credit card and also agreeing that relevant future renewals can be collected automatically from the same card. This means that the following payment schedules are put in place, depending upon the membership type you have subscribed to:
- Bronze membership: If you have just paid £65 for 30(1) days bronze membership, the same debit/credit card will be charged £65 every 30(1)days for a minimum of 12 months. An email will be sent to the email address associated with your membership 40 days prior to your 12-month expiry, reminding you that this is coming up for renewal. This is 10 days ahead of the 30 day notice period required for cancellation (see Membership cancellation below).
- Silver membership: If you have just paid £295 for 30(1) days for a silver membership, the same debit/credit card will be charged £295 every 30(1)days for a minimum of 12 months. An email will be sent to the email address associated with your membership 40 days prior to your 12-month expiry, reminding you that this is coming up for renewal. This is 10 days ahead of the 30 day notice period required for cancellation (see Membership cancellation below).
- Gold membership: If you have just paid £495 for 30(1) days for a gold membership, the same debit/credit card will be charged £495 every 30(1)days for a minimum of 12 months. An email will be sent to the email address associated with your membership 40 days prior to your 12-month expiry, reminding you that this is coming up for renewal. This is 10 days ahead of the 30 day notice period required for cancellation (see Membership cancellation below).
If Rollover Membership renewal payment fails as a result of a debit/credit card no longer being active or a change of card expiry date, The Business Growth Network will contact you to request updated card details. If you know that you have been issued with a new card since your last payment to us, it would be really helpful if you could inform us ahead of us trying to take this next payment – you can do this by calling the Help Desk on 0845 153 0040.
For all types of paid memberships, i.e. bronze/silver or gold or patron, no cancellation or refund is possible once you have entered the 12-month agreement and payment has been processed.
For all types of The Business Growth Network, at least 30 days’ notice is required in writing to cancel your membership. This notice period is the 30 days prior to the expiry date of the current term of your Rollover Membership. bronze/silver/gold or patron members can also use this notice period to upgrade or downgrade their membership within this notice period. The notice must be given by email to email@example.com. The Business Growth Network will automatically acknowledge your cancellation email by return email. If you do not receive this email and cannot provide it to us on request, your notice of upgrade or downgrade/cancellation will not be valid.
Anyone can register to become a standard member on the Website and attend limited events on a pay as you go basis with no membership fees. This gives you access to The Business Growth Network forum and allows you to set up an online profile page. All the standard membership facilities continue to be included if you choose to become a bronze/silver/gold or patron member. As a standard member, you undertake that:
- All registration details that you provide are true and correct and you will keep the information updated.
- Your use of the Website and the network does not violate these terms and conditions nor breach any applicable laws.
- Book in via our online payment gateway service for any meetings that are allocated to standard users.
- You own all intellectual property rights to any content uploaded to the Website or you have a licence from the owner of the intellectual property rights to post upload and display such content.
- You will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, harassing, obscene, threatening of a person’s privacy, pornographic, or otherwise in violation of any UK laws relating to online conduct.
- You grant us a non-exclusive royalty-free sub-licensable perpetual worldwide licence to use modify, publish and display and distribute such content on and through the Website and in any other form or medium.
- You will not upload, post or otherwise display any content on the Website which contains software viruses, or any that contains chain letters, bulk mail, junk mail, spam or similar.
- Requests to remove material which users have posted onto the Website can be carried out, but each request will be subject to an administration fee of £60.00. This includes the bulk removal of forum posts.
The Business Growth Network on Facebook and Linkedin
The Business Growth Network has one major presence on Facebook: BGN Facebook Community. Anyone can apply to be a member of the Community group and membership is not limited to people registered on The Business Growth Network website. The Business Growth Network reserves the right to decline membership applications to the group without notice or explanation. Posts on the group are not actively moderated or censored, other than the removal of posts that look like a scam. Moderation is left in the hands of the community of group members. In cases of persistent abuse of the group’s ethics, members will be blocked. Images submitted for BGN Meeting of the Week may be cropped and re-coloured. All images and captions submitted become eligible for BGN to use in future marketing material online and offline.
Access restriction, suspension, termination, and alteration
The Business Growth Network may at any time without notice and for any reason deny you access to the Website or to any aspect of the Networking Service.
You agree that we may delete, edit, lock move or remove any content without notice and for any reason and/or to record the IP address from which any content is posted, uploaded or displayed without notice and for any reason, (including, without limitation) content which is in breach of these terms.
You shall not be entitled to a refund of any amount corresponding to the unexpired portion of your membership if your access to the Website and/or the networking service is restricted, suspended or terminated.
Indemnity and exclusion of liability
Use of the Website and the Networking Service is at your own risk. Both are provided on an “as is” basis. You are solely responsible for how you interact with other users of the Website and the Networking Service.
The Business Growth Network disclaims all liability whatsoever whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) as a result of or in connection with the Website and/or the Networking Service for any economic loss, loss of goodwill or reputation, or special or indirect or consequential loss or otherwise and all implied warranties terms and conditions relating to the Website and the Networking Service are hereby excluded. In particular, The Business Growth Network accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage sustained by you as a result, directly or indirectly arising out of:
- the conduct of any user of the Website.
- any technical or other failures of the Website.
- your attendance at events and meetings with other users of the Website and the Networking Service. The Business Growth Network does not provide any warranty as to the fitness or otherwise of the venue nor the owner and/or operator of the venue at which The Business Growth Network meetings take place.
- any dealings that you have with any users of the Website and/or the Networking Service.
- any subsequent arrangements, contracts, agreements or business relationships that you enter into with any person (whether a Member or otherwise) as a result of or facilitated by your use of the Website or the Networking Service.
If The Business Growth Network is found to be liable to you directly or indirectly in relation to the Website or the Networking Service that liability shall be limited to the membership fee. Nothing in these terms shall limit liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence. You agree to indemnify us in full and on demand against any loss, damage, costs or expenses which we suffer or incur directly or indirectly as a result of your use of the Website and the Networking Service.
We may update these terms from time to time at our discretion. Amended terms shall become effective as soon as they are placed on the Website and your continued use of the Website and the Networking Service constitutes acceptance by you of the updated terms.