The Business Growth Network Membership:
Terms and conditions relating to the use of www.thebusinessgrowthnetwork.co.uk (‘the Website’), to standard membership full membership activity across the Business Growth Network (the ‘Networking Service’) use of The Business Growth Network, WhatsApp, LinkedIn and Facebook pages.
Memberships are normally subject to a one-off joining fee which is used to set-up your membership, this has been suspended until the end 31st January 2022. BGN membership gives you access to both face2face and online meetings. Our online meeting are inclusive of your monthly fees. Members can attend face2face meetings by paying per event unless otherwise stated. Meeting costs have been kept low to help members and visitors attend, Lunch meetings (£15) latte networking (£7.50), AfterHours Socials (£15), Speed Networking (£10). Details of what is involved in our membership can be found here https://thebusinessgrowthnetwork.co.uk/memberships/. Membership days cannot be “sold” to another member or permanent transfer of membership days to a person or company is not permitted.
The preferred method of payment is a debit/credit card. We do not accept American Express. We do not accept cheques. Invoices will be raised monthly, and payments can be accepted with prior agreement via bank transfer or DD.
Rollover Membership Programme
To keep costs to a minimum and to offer an efficient membership renewal service, The Business Growth Network provides a ‘Rollover Membership’ programme. This means that you are then part of The Business Growth Network Rollover Membership programme once you have joined and you need to give notice before you your membership is due for renewal. Renewals are not subject to our one - off joining fees.
All membership renewals transacted by debit/credit card become Rollover Membership renewals. Rollover Membership renewal means that you agree to renew your membership with The Business Growth Network membership by debit/credit card and agree that relevant future renewals can be collected automatically from the same card. This means that the following payment schedules are put in place, depending upon the membership type you have subscribed to:
- Standard Membership: If you have just paid £25 for 30(1) days online membership, the same debit/credit card will be charged £25 every 30(1)days for a minimum of 12 months. An email will be sent to the email address associated with your membership 40 days before your 12-month expiry, reminding you that this is coming up for renewal. This is 10 days ahead of the 30 day notice period required for cancellation (see Membership cancellation below). Membership is subject to a one-off fee of £99.00
- Business Membership Monthly: If you have just paid £45 for 30(1) days business membership, the same debit/credit card will be charged £45 every 30(1)days for a minimum of 12 months. An email will be sent to the email address associated with your membership 40 days before your 12-month expiry, reminding you that this is coming up for renewal. This is 10 days ahead of the 30 day notice period required for cancellation (see Membership cancellation below). Membership is subject to a one-off fee of £149.00
- Corporate Membership Monthly: If you have just paid £65 for 30(1) days business membership, the same debit/credit card will be charged £65 every 30(1)days for a minimum of 12 months. An email will be sent to the email address associated with your membership 40 days before your 12-month expiry, reminding you that this is coming up for renewal. This is 10 days ahead of the 30 day notice period required for cancellation (see Membership cancellation below). Membership is subject to a one-off fee of £199.00
- If Rollover Membership renewal payment fails due to a debit/credit card no longer being active or a change of card expiry date, The Business Growth Network will contact you to request updated card details. If you know that you have been issued a new card since your last payment to us, it would be beneficial to inform us ahead of us trying to take this next payment – you can do this by emailing email@example.com.
For the following memberships Standard, Business, Corporate or Patron. NO cancellation or refund is possible once you have entered to the 12 -month agreement, and payment has been processed.
Should members cancel payments or provide insufficient funds to be taken from their card before the end of the agreed term, they will be liable for the full amount outstanding, plus late payment fee of 2% per 30 days plus any charges by banks, debt collection agencies and a further £150 cancellation fee.
For all types of The Business Growth Network, at least 40 days’ notice is required in writing to cancel your membership. This notice period is 40 days before the expiry date of the current term of your Rollover Membership. 12 month or patron members can also use this notice period to upgrade or downgrade their membership within this notice period. Members are not eligible to downgrade to any special offers. The notice must also be given by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Business Growth Network will automatically acknowledge your cancellation email by return of email. If you do not receive this email and cannot provide it to us on request, your notice of upgrade or downgrade/cancellation will not be valid.
As a member you undertake that:
- All registration details that you provide are true and correct, and you will keep the information updated.
- Your use of the Website and the network does not violate these terms and conditions nor breach any applicable laws.
- Book in via our online payment gateway service for any meetings that are allocated to standard users.
- You own all intellectual property rights to any content uploaded to the Website, or you have a license from the owner of the intellectual property rights to post upload and display such content.
- You will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, harassing, obscene, threatening of a person’s privacy, pornographic, or otherwise in violation of any UK laws relating to online conduct.
- You grant us a non-exclusive royalty-free sub-licensable perpetual, worldwide license to modify, publish and display and distribute such content on and through the Website and in any other form or medium.
- You will not upload, post, or otherwise display any content on the website containing software viruses, or any that contains chain letters, bulk mail, junk mail, spam, or similar.
- Requests to remove material that users have posted onto the Website can be carried out, but each offer will be subject to an administration fee of £60.00. This includes the bulk removal of forum posts.
Anyone can visit and attend up to three events as a guest. After this point you will be required to join as member unless otherwise invited as special guest. Special guest passes are given out from time to time to help visitors re-familiarise themselves with The Business Growth Network services. You will have access to 1-2-1 and both online and face2face.
Third Party Bookings
Guests booking via third party booking websites will be subject to our Terms & Conditions, this includes Eventbrite. Should visitors have questions about the event or tickets they have purchase you must direct enquiries to email@example.com or call 0121 630 2046 where a member of the team will be in contact.
Both parties acknowledge the ongoing COVID-19 crisis in the UK and accept their obligation to comply with any official guidance from the UK Government. The parties agree to communicate without delay any issues they may have in performing their duties under this agreement. You [visitor] acknowledge that COVID-19 may require us to take one or more of the following measures for the safety of our staff and the safety of delegates attending the event to which this booking relates:
(i) impose maximum delegate numbers at the event;
(ii) limit food or drink availability
(iii) impose specific requirements regarding personal protective equipment such as the wearing of masks;
(iv) restrict the numbers of overnight stays if applicable; and/or
(v) limit any planned entertainment;
(vi) designate alternative entrance and exit routes.
In some circumstances, we might consider revising your booking.
If we are obliged due to specific Government restrictions, to close our meeting, we will offer you an alternative date for the event. We cannot accept cancelations or refunds.
The Business Growth Network on WhatsApp, Facebook and Linkedin
The Business Growth Network has presence on WhatsApp, LinkedIn and Facebook: BGN Facebook Community. Anyone can apply to be a member of our community groups which are not member only groups. Private member groups are limited to people registered on The Business Growth Network membership. The Business Growth Network reserves the right to decline membership applications to the group without notice or explanation. Posts on the group are not actively moderated or censored, other than removing posts that look like a scam. Moderation is left in the hands of the community of group members. In cases of persistent abuse of the group’s ethics, members will be blocked. Images submitted for BGN Meeting of the Week may be cropped and re-coloured. All images and captions submitted become eligible for BGN to use in future marketing material online and offline.
Access restriction, suspension, termination, and alteration
The Business Growth Network may at any time without notice and for any reason, deny you access to the Website or any aspect of the Networking Service.
You agree that we may delete, edit, lock move or remove any content without notice and for any reason and/or to record the IP address from which any content is posted, uploaded or displayed without notice and for any reason, (including, without limitation) content which is in breach of these terms.
You shall not be entitled to a refund of any amount corresponding to the unexpired portion of your membership or event if your access to the Website and/or the networking service is restricted, suspended, or terminated.
Indemnity and exclusion of liability
Use of the Website and the Networking Service is at your own risk. Both are provided on an “as is” basis. You are solely responsible for how you interact with other users of the Website and the Networking Service.
The Business Growth Network disclaims all liability whatsoever whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) as a result of or in connection with the Website and/or the Networking Service for any economic loss, loss of goodwill or reputation, or unusual or indirect or consequential loss or otherwise and all implied warranties terms and conditions relating to the Website and the Networking Service is at this moment excluded. In particular, The Business Growth Network accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage sustained by you; as a result, directly or indirectly arising out of:
- The conduct of any user of the Website.
- Any technical or other failures of the Website.
- Your attendance at events and meetings with other users of the Website and the Networking Service. The Business Growth Network does not provide any warranty as to the fitness or otherwise of the venue or the owner and/or operator of the platform at which The Business Growth Network meetings occur.
- Any dealings that you have with any users of the Website and/or the Networking Service.
- Any subsequent arrangements, contracts, agreements or business relationships that you enter into with any person (whether a Member or otherwise) result from or facilitated by your use of the Website or the Networking Service.
Suppose The Business Growth Network is found to be liable to you directly or indirectly to the Website or the Networking Service that liability shall be limited to the remainder of the membership fee. Nothing in these terms shall limit liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence. You agree to indemnify us in full and on demand against any loss, damage, costs, or expenses that we suffer or incur directly or indirectly due to your use of the Website and the Networking Service.
We may update these terms from time to time at our discretion. Amended terms shall become effective as soon as they are placed on the Website and your continued use of the Website and the Networking Service constitutes acceptance by you of the updated terms.