The Business Growth Network Membership:
Terms and conditions relating to the use of www.thebusinessgrowthnetwork.co.uk (‘the Website’), to standard membership full membership activity across the Business Growth Network (the ‘Networking Service’) use of The Business Growth Network, LinkedIn and Facebook pages.
FREE Basic membership allows member visitors to attend a limited amount of events by using our pay as you go service without joining, these places are limited and members take priority on events. Digital and Digital Plus membership gives you access to all of our online meetings (Face2face meetings are not included and will need to be paid online prior to any event) . Full, Premium and Patronage membership entitles members to attend online and face to face meetings, including Latte Networking, After Hours, Lunch, Social Friday Events and seminars. Details Full membership fees can be found here https://thebusinessgrowthnetwork.co.uk/members/. Membership days cannot be “sold” to another member. A permanent transfer of membership days to a person or company is not permitted. Permanent transfer of digital, digital plus, full, premium and patron membership is not permitted. Permanent transfer of digital, digital plus full or premium to a different person in the same organisation can be carried out, subject to the prevailing administration fee of £100 and approval of the Business Growth Network Directors.
You will be invited to renew your Digital, Full, Premium Membership or Patronage Membership before its expiry. Premium Membership with The Business Growth Network is £295 per month, full Membership with The Business Growth Network is £75 per month, Digital Plus Membership is £45 per month and Digital membership £25 per month. Patronage Membership Upon Request. All contracts are for a minimum of 12 months.
All membership Packages are subject to a one-off joining fee. Digital £95 upon joining, Digital Plus £145 upon joining, Full Membership £195 upon joining and Premium £395 upon joining.
The preferred method of payment is a debit/credit card. We do not accept American Express. We do not accept cheques. Invoices will be raised monthly, and payments can be accepted with prior agreement via bank transfer or DD.
Rollover Membership Programme
To keep costs to a minimum and offer an efficient membership renewal service, The Business Growth Network provides a ‘Rollover Membership’ programme. This means that you are then part of The Business Growth Network Rollover Membership programme once you have chosen to renew your membership for the first time following your initial membership period.
All membership renewals transacted by debit/credit card become Rollover Membership renewals. Rollover Membership renewal means that you agree to renew your membership with The Business Growth Network membership by debit/credit card and agree that relevant future renewals can be collected automatically from the same card. This means that the following payment schedules are put in place, depending upon the membership type you have subscribed to:
- Digital membership: If you have just paid £25 for 30(1) days online membership, the same debit/credit card will be charged £25 every 30(1)days for a minimum of 12 months. An email will be sent to the email address associated with your membership 40 days before your 12-month expiry, reminding you that this is coming up for renewal. This is 10 days ahead of the 30 day notice period required for cancellation (see Membership cancellation below).
- Digital Plus membership: If you have just paid £45 for 30(1) days online membership, the same debit/credit card will be charged £45 every 30(1)days for a minimum of 12 months. An email will be sent to the email address associated with your membership 40 days before your 12-month expiry, reminding you that this is coming up for renewal. This is 10 days ahead of the 30 day notice period required for cancellation (see Membership cancellation below).
- Full membership: If you have just paid £75 for 30(1) days of bronze membership, the same debit/credit card will be charged £75 every 30(1)days for a minimum of 12 months. An email will be sent to the email address associated with your membership 40 days before your 12-month expiry, reminding you that this is coming up for renewal. This is 10 days ahead of the 30 day notice period required for cancellation (see Membership cancellation below).
- Premium membership: If you have just paid £295 for 30(1) days of bronze membership, the same debit/credit card will be charged £295 every 30(1)days for a minimum of 12 months. An email will be sent to the email address associated with your membership 40 days before your 12-month expiry, reminding you that this is coming up for renewal. This is 10 days ahead of the 30 day notice period required for cancellation (see Membership cancellation below).
If Rollover Membership renewal payment fails due to a debit/credit card no longer being active or a change of card expiry date, The Business Growth Network will contact you to request updated card details. If you know that you have been issued a new card since your last payment to us, it would be beneficial to inform us ahead of us trying to take this next payment – you can do this by emailing email@example.com or calling the Help Desk on 0845 153 0040.
For the following memberships, online/full/premium or patron, NO cancellation or refund is possible once you have entered the 12-month agreement, and payment has been processed.
Should members cancel payments or provide sufficient funds to be taken from their card before the end of the agreed term, they will be liable for the full amount outstanding, plus any charges by banks and a further £150 cancellation fee.
For all types of The Business Growth Network, at least 40 days’ notice is required in writing to cancel your membership. This notice period is 40 days before the expiry date of the current term of your Rollover Membership. digital/full/premium or patron members can also use this notice period to upgrade or downgrade their membership within this notice period. Members are not eligible to downgrade to any special offers. The notice must also be given by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Business Growth Network will automatically acknowledge your cancellation email by return email. If you do not receive this email and cannot provide it to us on request, your notice of upgrade or downgrade/cancellation will not be valid.
Anyone can become a sponsor without being a member. Sponsorship will be charged at different rates to those who are members. Members get sponsorship packages at a reduced rate compared to online members and non-members. Online members and Non-members can apply to become a member (terms outlined above) to benefit from the reduced payments. No sponsorship will start until invoices are paid in full in advance.
Anyone can register to become a visitor member and attend up to three events without joining as a member. After this point you will be required to join as member unless otherwise invited as special guest. Special guest passes are given out from time to time to help visitors re-familiarise themselves with The Business Growth Network services. You will have access to The Business Growth Network online meetings and face-to-face meetings that are not mutually exclusive. All the visitor facilities continue to be included if you choose to become a digital, full, premium or patron member. As a visitor member, you undertake that:
- All registration details that you provide are true and correct, and you will keep the information updated.
- Your use of the Website and the network does not violate these terms and conditions nor breach any applicable laws.
- Book in via our online payment gateway service for any meetings that are allocated to standard users.
- You own all intellectual property rights to any content uploaded to the Website, or you have a license from the owner of the intellectual property rights to post upload and display such content.
- You will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, harassing, obscene, threatening of a person’s privacy, pornographic, or otherwise in violation of any UK laws relating to online conduct.
- You grant us a non-exclusive royalty-free sub-licensable perpetual, worldwide license to modify, publish and display and distribute such content on and through the Website and in any other form or medium.
- You will not upload, post, or otherwise display any content on the website containing software viruses, or any that contains chain letters, bulk mail, junk mail, spam, or similar.
- Requests to remove material that users have posted onto the Website can be carried out, but each offer will be subject to an administration fee of £60.00. This includes the bulk removal of forum posts.
Face 2 Face Events and COVID-19 Clause
Both parties acknowledge the ongoing COVID-19 crisis in the UK and accept their obligation to comply with any official guidance from the UK Government. The parties agree to communicate without delay any issues they may have in performing their duties under this agreement. You [visitor] acknowledge that COVID-19 may require us to take one or more of the following measures for the safety of our staff and the safety of delegates attending the event to which this booking relates:
(i) impose maximum delegate numbers at the event;
(ii) limit food or drink availability
(iii) impose specific requirements regarding personal protective equipment such as the wearing of masks;
(iv) restrict the numbers of overnight stays if applicable; and/or
(v) limit any planned entertainment;
(vi) designate alternative entrance and exit routes.
In some circumstances, we might consider revising your booking.
If we are obliged due to specific Government restrictions, to close our meeting, we may offer you an alternative date for the event, but if that cannot be agreed the booking will be deemed cancelled and your booking will be returned to you.
The Business Growth Network on Facebook and Linkedin
The Business Growth Network has one major presence on Facebook: BGN Facebook Community. Anyone can apply to be a member of the Community group and membership is not limited to people registered on The Business Growth Network website. The Business Growth Network reserves the right to decline membership applications to the group without notice or explanation. Posts on the group are not actively moderated or censored, other than removing posts that look like a scam. Moderation is left in the hands of the community of group members. In cases of persistent abuse of the group’s ethics, members will be blocked. Images submitted for BGN Meeting of the Week may be cropped and re-coloured. All images and captions submitted become eligible for BGN to use in future marketing material online and offline.
Access restriction, suspension, termination, and alteration
The Business Growth Network may at any time without notice and for any reason, deny you access to the Website or any aspect of the Networking Service.
You agree that we may delete, edit, lock move or remove any content without notice and for any reason and/or to record the IP address from which any content is posted, uploaded or displayed without notice and for any reason, (including, without limitation) content which is in breach of these terms.
You shall not be entitled to a refund of any amount corresponding to the unexpired portion of your membership if your access to the Website and/or the networking service is restricted, suspended, or terminated.
Indemnity and exclusion of liability
Use of the Website and the Networking Service is at your own risk. Both are provided on an “as is” basis. You are solely responsible for how you interact with other users of the Website and the Networking Service.
The Business Growth Network disclaims all liability whatsoever whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) as a result of or in connection with the Website and/or the Networking Service for any economic loss, loss of goodwill or reputation, or unusual or indirect or consequential loss or otherwise and all implied warranties terms and conditions relating to the Website and the Networking Service is at this moment excluded. In particular, The Business Growth Network accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage sustained by you; as a result, directly or indirectly arising out of:
- The conduct of any user of the Website.
- Any technical or other failures of the Website.
- Your attendance at events and meetings with other users of the Website and the Networking Service. The Business Growth Network does not provide any warranty as to the fitness or otherwise of the venue or the owner and/or operator of the platform at which The Business Growth Network meetings occur.
- Any dealings that you have with any users of the Website and/or the Networking Service.
- Any subsequent arrangements, contracts, agreements or business relationships that you enter into with any person (whether a Member or otherwise) result from or facilitated by your use of the Website or the Networking Service.
Suppose The Business Growth Network is found to be liable to you directly or indirectly to the Website or the Networking Service that liability shall be limited to the remainder of the membership fee. Nothing in these terms shall limit liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence. You agree to indemnify us in full and on demand against any loss, damage, costs, or expenses that we suffer or incur directly or indirectly due to your use of the Website and the Networking Service.
We may update these terms from time to time at our discretion. Amended terms shall become effective as soon as they are placed on the Website and your continued use of the Website and the Networking Service constitutes acceptance by you of the updated terms.