There is no better time than now to ensure that your employment contracts are fit for purpose. Currently an employer has 8 weeks’ to provide an employee with a written statement of employment particulars (their ‘contract’). However, from 6 April 2020 employers must provide the written statement of employment from day one of employment. The legislation states “the document is given no later than the beginning of the employment.”
The statement must contain (but is not limited to) the following information;
- Employee and employer name
- Date of commencement
- Salary & frequency of pay
- Hours of work
- Details of disciplinary & grievance procedures
As an employer, make sure that you don’t fall foul of the changes in legislation. Don’t risk a disgruntled employee taking your business to Tribunal, speak to us today about taking the first important step to becoming compliant.
We have a team of HR experts ready to answer your questions or help you draft/ review your contracts and agreements.
Give us a call: 01926 355 560 for support, advice or a FREE 15minute consultation
We can also help you with:
- HR Support, Advice & Consultancy
- Policies, Procedure and Employer Handbook
- Total Outsourced HR Administration Package
- Health & Safety Audits & Training
- Training & Development Programs